Why are sprouts so good?
Sprouts have the greatest nutrient activity of all raw foods. This is because sprouts are actually still in the process of growing. They are at the peak of their life force.
The body readily absorbs these nutrients from sprouts, and they are easily digested. This saves your body energy. Because sprouts, or germinated seeds, are pre-digested food, they have what's called a "higher biological efficiency value" than whole seeds, whether raw or cooked.
Sprouts also have a regenerating effect on the human body. Why? It's due to the high concentration of RNA, DNA, protein and essential minerals that's found only in living cells.
The EasyGreen sprouter automatically soaks, rinses, mists, oxygenates and drains the sprouts – ready for you to eat in about 5 – 10 days.
With wheatgrass, unlike other sprouts, a large quantity of wheatgrass is needed to harvest a relatively small amount of juice. For this reason, it is easier to use the large trays. The Easygreen is the only system in the world that can stack up to 5 or 6 EasyGreen machines, making it suitable for growing large amounts of sprout..
* patented technology
* unique 96 activations timer for fine tuning
* built-in water reservoir for flexibility
* no pre-soaking – automatic rinsing!
* 15% to 40% quicker than conventional sprouting methods
* mist generator for cooling and oxygenating
* soil or hydroponic, the EasyGreen may use both concepts!
* food grade quality trays supplied
* stackable for up to 5 or 6 EasyGreen machines
* removable, rectangular cartridges and trays for easy storage
The EasyGreen sprouting appliance was developed out of the growing demand for organic health food. The EasyGreen’s unique technology empowers the individual to maintain a high potency immune system, by providing natural vitamins, mineral and enzymes that no artificial supplements can rival.
The EasyGreen uses a patented technology where mist and oxygen are applied simultaneously to the seeds, thus both cooling and oxygenating the air and water supply.
* Sprouts require little water but abundant amounts of oxygen.
* Inhibitors in seeds are the natural defense mechanism of the seeds, acting as a deterrent for germs and bugs.
* Sprouts are sensitive to environmental conditions and climate changes.
* Managing and controlling the humidity within the machine is critical to the sturdiness of the sprouts.
The EasyGreen uses a unique 96 activations timer, allowing the grower to finetune the machine to his or her specific environmental conditions.
What makes the Easy Green sprouter so unique?
Economical water use
The EasyGreen unit uses about 2.5 litres of water in 24 hours due to its fine misting activity. Sprouters that use an automatic irrigation system need to be plumbed and use large amounts of water.
Seeds germinated in conventional sprouting methods such as jars, bags, trays etc. need to be manually rinsed 3 to 6 times a day. The EasyGreen rinses automaticallyas many times as needed a day during the complete growing cycle.
No pre-soaking seeds
Conventional sprouters require a pre¬soaking operation of 8 hours up to 24hrs, before commencing the propagation of the seed. TheEasyGreenrequiresnopre¬soaking.Dry seeds are placed in the tray and the machine takes over; soaking, rinsing, misting, oxygenating and draining automatically, thus saving you time and double handling.
Unlike other automatic sprouters, the EasyGreen uses a mist generator. No sprinkles or foggers that will clog and may stop irrigating without the grower being aware. The misting and oxygenating automatic cycles assures quickest harvest, 15% to 40% quicker then any sprouting method.
Soil or hydroponic
Some growers prefer to use soil for some crops such as wheatgrass or sunflower greens. The Easy Green allows sprouts to be grown in soil and hydroponically.
Food grade quality
The EasyGreen sprouter uses food grade quality trays and cartridges in accordance with DFA regulations. Most other sprouters use storage containers and trays.
Easy Green - easy clean!
The EasyGreen has an automatic disinfecting cycle. It is easy to keep high sanitary conditions within the machine. Only large commercial systems have a similar function.
Sprouts taken out of conventional systems needs to be placed in a secondary container for refrigeration. Our cartridges with unused sprouts can be placed directly into refrigeration for later use.
Unique rotation system
According to Dr. Ann Wigmore, a 5 day growing cycle for seeds such as alfalfa, broccoli, radish, clover and the similar is ideal. The EasyGreen system is the only one in the market using 5 cartridges, allowing a rotation system by indicating which cartridge is ready for harvest. No need to write dates on each jar or bag!
Clean fresh water
Water in the Easy Green sprouter is only used once so the sprouts are always washed with clean water that is then drained out of the machine.
Selecting your water source leaves room for experimentation with natural additives.
The water reservoir allows adding minerals that enhances growth, such as liquid kelp, hydroponic growing solutions or solutions that assist in disinfecting the crops, such as hydrogen peroxide.
Different kinds of seeds you can sprout
This list gives the popularly sprouted seeds and is not all enclusive as you can sprout any kind of seed.
* Alfalfa: Alfalfa, one of the most popular sprouts, is a good source of vitamins A, B, C, D, E, F, and K and is rich in many minerals, as well as many enzymes needed for digestion
* Radish sprouts are high in vitamin C and potassium and have a rich flavor
* Wheat is high in Vitamins B, C, and E and has three times the vitamin E of dry wheat. Wheat also has many minerals.
* Mung Beans: These sprouts should be sprouted under pressure to produce long and juicy sprouts. Mung bean sprouts are an excellent source of protein, vitamin C, A and E, along with many minerals
* Green Pea sprouts are rich in many of the B vitamins and vitamin C. Green pea sprouts make a rich addition to any green salad.
* Soybeans: An extremely rich source of protein and vitamins A, B, C and E. Soybeans are rich in minerals and lecithin. They can be sprouted under pressure like mung beans
* Kidney beans, pinto beans and miscellaneous beans: They are a good source of vitamin C, many of the B vitamins and many minerals. Sprouting these beans also changes their indigestible carbohydrates to digestible carbohydrates thereby greatly reducing the intestinal gas they otherwise cause
* Lentils: Rich in protein, vitamin C and the B vitamins. They have a mild ground pepper flavor
* Buckwheat: Makes a great salad green. High in vitamins A, B, C and D
* Sunflower: Rich in vitamins B, D, and E, many minerals, and Linoleic acid
Fenugreek: Rich in antioxidants & flavour.
The newest design for starting virtually every sproutable seed. Complete with Mist Generator, Timer, 5 cartridges, Owner's Manual, collection pan, and drain tube. The EasyGreen is easy to use. Just add water and seeds.
Height: 17.8 cm
Width: 45.7 cm
Length: 61 cm